Summary of the 2007-06-19 Packaging Committee meeting
Jason L Tibbitts III
tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jun 20 16:26:30 UTC 2007
Meeting minutes and full logs of the packaging committee meeting which
occurred on 2007-06-19 are online:
(Actually, they should be online soon; the wiki is behaving badly at
The following drafts are now official guidelines, having been accepted
by FESCO last week:
* Corrections to the scriptlets:
* OCaml guidelines:
* Revisions to the rule on directory ownership:
These should be written into the guidelines soon if this hasn't
already been done by the time you read this.
Issues pending FESCO ratification:
* Blanket exception for linking against libraries that are only
available as static, and initialCC requirement.
* Accepted (6 - 0)
* Allowing SCM commit ID information into the release tag:
* The draft is being modified significantly to remove pointless stricture.
More information about the Fedora-maintainers