Core packages are using %config for files being installed under /usr

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Mar 1 13:39:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 14:01 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Jeu 1 mars 2007 12:41, Ralf Corsepius a écrit :
>
> > man mkfontdir
> >  The  file  "fonts.alias",  which  can  be  put in any directory of the
> > font-path, is used to map new names to existing
> >        fonts, and should be edited by hand.
> >

> > The fact a file is designed to be a config file hardly can be documented
> > clearer.
>
> And people were supposed to use xresources to customize their apps.
> Guess what? it was not user-friendly enough to attract many users

Whether you like it or not, or whether you like this approach or not,
this is the way Xt is designed and how it is being used by all Xt based
toolsets.

> when you
> had a core font only desktop, and now core font users are marginal the
> actual use is probably close to nill
Gradually I am beginning to thing Fedora lacks users from the pre-Gtk/Qt
era ;)

Anyone who is using Unix for more than 10 years, probably had used it
(knowingly or not) for a considerable amount of time. There still is a
considerable some amount of SW around which still can use Xresources
(and some of them, may-be core-fonts).

Ralf