Plan for tomorrows (20070301) FESCO meeting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Mar 1 19:32:03 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 10:10:57AM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Where has a time limit ever been placed on merge reviews?  Originally

In the page referring to the merge in the wiki, there is
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/MergeCoreAndExtras

* how do we review ~1160 packages from Core for Extras in less then X
  months (X=something between 2 and 5 afaics)?

> there were a few statements to the effect that things wouldn't be in
> F7 if they weren't reviewed (and accepted), but that was short-lived
> as people started to realize just how much work is involved.

Ok, no need to discuss it if it is agreed that there is no mandatory
time constraint.

> I would be in favor of dropping things from F8 if they haven't been
> reviewed and accepted, but F7 is simply too soon.

I don't think we should set any kind of time limit. Maybe start
helping packagers such that the packages are acceptable in F8...

--
Pat