Core packages are using %config for files being installed under /usr

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Mar 2 14:49:50 UTC 2007

Le Ven 2 mars 2007 15:00, Ralf Corsepius a écrit :

> 2. %config is NOT related to this topic at all.

%config is about marking files that can legitimately be modified in the
future.
As already noted, the FHS clearly states /usr is not a legitimate place
for files that can change ot be modified

Also,
* the FHS does not need to state explicitely every consequence of a
clearly written rule
* the FHS is explicitely concerned with ROM / not just your network share
example. Depend on RW /usr for config and you lose big time on an a ROM
system or at backup time

It's perfectly true everyone didn't make the same choices as the FHS or
Fedora. So what? We don't %prefix our GNOME packages because some people
like it in /opt

--
Nicolas Mailhot