New place for Extras pages in the wiki

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 21:24:07 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 08:00 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 02.03.2007 07:35, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >> No idea, they should all be on this list, so they hopefully speak up.
> > IMO, these package do not belong into a "FPC owned" Packaging directories.
> >
> > "official FPC" and "community contributed pages"  should be strictly
> > separated. Whether "Packaging" should be "FPC owned/controlled" is
> > different question.
>
> Yes -- the stuff from the PC could be moved to the Packaging/Guidelines/
> and the organizational stuff (meeting schedule, guidelines drafts) could
> be under FPC/ or PackagingCommittee/ (and that from FESCo below FESCo/

That's one option.  To me, the current Extras front page has six
sections of which one is for end-users and the other five are for
contributors.  The end-user one should be merged into the
front-page/rest of the site just as Extras and Core repositories are
being merged.  The contributor pages could replace /Packaging as you
suggest or into /Contributors /Developers etc.

I can see the organizational view you want to build looking something
like this:

/ == All of Fedora
/Ambassadors
/Marketing
/Packaging
  /AdminRequests
  /DraftGuidelines
  /FESCo
  /Guidelines
  /PackagingCommittee
  /Policy

It makes logical sense.  But it does mean we have to make a lot of
changes to links on every page.  I don't see it as being a huge amount
more work to move /Packaging => /Guidelines compared to /Extras
=> /Packaging, though.  So I'll go along with anything as long as the
Guidelines continue to exist in a non-user editable location.  (Although
streamlining the creation, submission, revising, and approval of new
guidelines from non-committee folks would be nice.  /PackagingDrafts is
a start but it doesn't go far enough.)

-Toshio