Fonts scriptlet for CORE packages

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:02:42 UTC 2007

Hi,
   While doing reviews of fonts packages in core, i got confused on
post and postun sections (to check) of those packages as they are
using chkfontpath and mkfontdir and ttmkfdir but our standard
scriptlet as given on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#head-4863fc4c93cec14292719d8901d83f5d90c3e477
fonts scriptlets uses following as post section in SPEC.
%post
if [ -x /usr/bin/fc-cache ]; then
  /usr/bin/fc-cache /usr/share/fonts
fi

But some core packages(fonts-japanese,fonts-korean,fonts-chinese,xorg-x11-fonts)
also want to use following under %post
 umask 133
    touch %{ttfontdir} 2> /dev/null && {
        /usr/bin/ttmkfdir -d %{ttfontdir} -o %{ttfontdir}/fonts.scale
        mkfontdir %{ttfontdir}
        /usr/sbin/chkfontpath -q -a %{ttfontdir}
    }
    mkfontdir %{bmpfontdir} && /usr/sbin/chkfontpath -q -a %{bmpfontdir}
(Sorry for copying above text with under defined macros. I just want
to give example)

Do we need to have alternative scriptlet that includes above lines for
post section for fonts packages in CORE?

Regards,
Parag.