Fedora User Management (revisited)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 6 14:53:52 UTC 2007

On 06.03.2007 15:36, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 08:28:48AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
>> We've been discussing Fedora User Management in EPEL.  I propose a vote,
>> all maintainers are welcome to vote.  The outcome is FINAL.  If we chose
> A vote isn't the way to go in my opinion. The number of people is not
> relevant when it comes to technical issues.

Agreed -- it's important that the people that make the decision know the
pros and cons of the different proposed solutions. That's IMHO often not
the case for complicated technical issues like this if the group that is
voting is big.

> Collecting people thoughts
> on that matter would be interesting though, but I think having FESCo
> or FPC choose would be better.

+1 -- they finally have to ratify the solution anyway. But the issue
nevertheless can and of course should get discussed in public.

 > [...]

CU
thl