Fedora User Management (revisited)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 14:59:45 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:

> On the bright side, it makes the decision on whether to use
> fedora-usermgmt in epel(4) easier.
>
> Enrico, could you enlighten us what exactly doesn't work with el4's rpm?
I know we have "must not replace core packages" in the guidelines... But
they're just guidelines, I really think the only right way to do this is
to have a package that completely replaces /usr/sbin/useradd.  I know
its against the guidelines but there's got to be some way to make it
transparent to the packager and the user, and replacing useradd is the
only way to do that.

    -Mike