Proposed guideline for init script files

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 18:37:42 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 13:28:50 Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better to aim at this target (move initscripts to somewhere
> else) instead of trying to establish some interim rules which are breaking
> existing installations?

The guideline has built in exceptions for init scripts that currently have
config in them.  Any other init script which currently is marked as %config
will save any modifications when upgraded to a version of the package that
doesn't mark it as %config.

While it may or may not be feasible to move the scripts out of /etc/, it IS
feasible to establish guidelines around how we wish these scripts operate
within Fedora.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora