Proposed guideline for init script files

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 19:06:40 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Steve Dickson wrote:
>
>> Please don't forget... Fedora lives for RHEL... and as soon as a
>> RHEL customer loses a piece of valuable information do some
>> uneducated Fedora policy... That policy will change...
>
> Don't be so melodramatic.  If it's currently marked %config, nothing
> will be lost, but saved as foo.rpmsave.
Unless I've misunderstood... '%config initscripts' are no longer legal
so if a customer has valuable information in that script it will be
lost... But that will be THEIR fault for putting there!!!!! And the
Fedora community will teach them that lesson... Unfortunately
the hard way... :-\

With policies like this (i.e. not allowing maintainers to preserver
existing environments) truly give the appearance that this community
really don't give a damn about anything but their own way of
doing things... Very similar to Microsoft... Won't you say?

steved.