Extras pushes

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 23:00:37 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> Those
>> wishing to learn about whats going on in infrastructure would be wise to
>> sit and examine that public room as many secrets are shared.
>>

> Observing an IRC channel 24/7 may work for you as a Red Hat employee
> working on Fedora, but doesn't work for many community members.

I don't want to make a thing of this but the infrastructure team is
extremely busy, if we sent a notice out for everything we did people
would just ignore it anyway.... Many community members do keep up on
#fedora-admin and know whats going on, just as I did before I became a
Red Hat employee, I take offense when people claim we're being secret
just because a notice isn't sent out with a complete summery of
everything we do.  The fact is stuff happens, if you care what happens
to the infrastructure join the team, otherwise you'll get the "need to
know" information like this outage notice.

    -Mike