Plan for tomorrows (20070308) FESCO meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Mar 8 06:00:42 UTC 2007

On 07.03.2007 21:58, Brian Pepple wrote:
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- EPEL Report

Meeting summary has the detail; see:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-March/msg00058.html

Not much news; we plan to have a list in the wiki which Extras packagers
that are willing to work on EPEL and which not -- but that list (¹) will
be announced to the world properly *after* the "EPEL Package maintenance
and update policy" is in place and the RHEL5 builder up2date with RHEL5
final, so that people can actually start for real then and know what to
build for EPEL4 and EPEL5.

> /topic FESCo meeting -- Free discussion around Fedora

I'd like to hear FESCo's take on the fedora-usermgmt stuff. Would be
ideal if it could try create and guide a working group (if there are
enough people(²) that are willing to be part of it) that looks closer at
the problem and solves it once and for all.

Cu
thl

(¹) -- okay, the place is not that hard to find and you can actually
change your status in it already, but I'll send a proper announcement
for it later when EPEL really is ready

(²) -- no, I'm not interested, I don't care much about it -- but it
seems a lot of people do, so those would probably be ideal for the job ;-)