Extras pushes

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Mar 8 07:43:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 23:53:01 -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> I think the point is, an IRC channel may not be the best place to
> discuss this stuff. A mailing list with an archive that can be linked to
> would be more appropriate. You apparently have enough time to chat on
> IRC, would it be so hard to switch the important stuff to a mailing list
> instead?

A lot of the chatting on IRC is irrelevant. It only creates big log files,
which make such channels inappropriate for constant monitoring. The fact
that a few dozen people do lurk on some IRC channels for various reasons
(such as finding the topics and the people entertaining) is not equal to
saying "this is the most efficient way to communicate something inside a
larger project".

The key problem with the notice, which started this particular thread,
is that it reads like a riddle, even for those at the front of the push
process.