Fedora User Management (revisited)

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Mar 8 15:19:37 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> writes:

>> "I do not see a problem with this when consecutive uids are used."
> This is what I've been talking about, just because you don't see it
> doesn't mean its not there.

Just because you don't see the Flying Spaghetti Monster it doesn't mean
its not there...

Please, stop the FUD about problems without naming them!

> Your fix is causing others a headache, admitting it is the first step
> to recovery.  Has any progress been made on making fedora usermgmt
> part of the shadow-utils?

Adding an '--hint <uid>' option to user/groupadd and giving this to a
configurable 'translate-id' script might be possible. But there is so
much resistance against fedora-usermgmt that I do not have desire to
fight this battle outside of Fedora.

> Have you contacted the packager?

about what?

Enrico