emacs and /etc/alternatives

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 17:59:58 UTC 2007

On Thursday 08 March 2007 12:35:44 Matthias Clasen wrote:
> If the two packages conflict, they cannot be installed in parallel, and
> thus you don't need the alternatives mechanism to pick one...

Or simply name the binary of one emacs-nox and the other emacs.  If nothing
else conflicts that is.

> But thats probably the best solution: just let the two packages
> conflict.

Sorry no, we don't want any conflicts if at all possible in the package
collection.  They are ugly and present the user with very confusing and hard
to deal with error screens.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora