Fedora User Management (revisited)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Mar 9 11:03:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 11:15:51AM +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> >> I suggest 500-999; should not break LSB more than the 100-200 idea. But
> >> reuid'ing normal users is much easier than doing this for services.
> >
> > We can only mess with below 500.
>
> to be more exact: below 100

You do seem to contracdict yourself, is it now 500-999 or below 100 ;)

Anyway, the correct answer is still below 500:

# grep 500 /etc/login.defs
UID_MIN                   500
GID_MIN                   500

> When my shadow-utils patch gets accepted, shadow-util's '--hint' option
> can be used too.

That's just fedora-usermgmt merged upstream, right? So it will have
the same flaws like fedora-usermgmt (other than not being merged
upstream).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net