Fedora User Management (revisited)

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Mar 9 11:43:25 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> writes:

>> > So it will have the same flaws like fedora-usermgmt
>>
>> About which flaws are you speaking?
>
> Please, repeating that you don't recognize any flaw is not making them
> go away.

Please, just because you do not recognize that the Flying Spaghetti
Monster exists, it is not making it go away.

Please, stop mentioning that there are flaws in fedora-usermgmt without
naming them!

> And we metioned several cases where fedora-usermgmt will boom,

... /me must be reading the wrong thread ...

> if the package really relies on not getting a random uid, for example
> when the admin notices that such a mechanism exists after the first
> fedora-usermgmt packages have been installed. Or if the admin thinks
> he can move the floating window to a new position, and is not aware
> that the config is once-set-never-unset.

Aieee.... when admin thinks, he can do 'rm -rf /', he will have some
trouble too...

> And many other examples that just show that floatng uid windows is A
> Bad Idea.

many == 0?

Enrico