emacs and /etc/alternatives

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Mar 9 16:51:50 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:12:31AM -0500, Chip Coldwell wrote:

> Well, then I guess my preference would be to eliminate the -nox subpackage
> from Fedora.  We can continue to support it for RHEL, since there will be
> headless servers, etc, that don't need all the GUI infrastructure.

What! There couldn't be headless servers or X-less workstations running
fedora? This seems to go in the opposite direction of sane objectives
for fedora, and also there has been some very interesting innovations that
should simplify installing fedora in such setups (say the minimal or
server spin).

--
Pat