vim and /etc/alternatives

Tomas Janousek tjanouse at redhat.com
Sat Mar 10 13:36:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 08:20:39AM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> er, how is this not possible by ssh foo; vim bar in a terminal on your local
> machine?  You still have access to the X clipboard to paste in.  For faster
> pasting you can even do vim ssh://foo/bar.file

I'm talking about huge amounts of text. Ever looked on the scrollbar of your
terminal while vim is running? Also, doing :set paste, paste, :set nopaste is
a more work than "*p.

And at last -- why the hell does anyone care how I copy my text. I want to
have /usr/bin/vim with X compiled in. Full stop.

--
TJ., BaseOS, Brno, CZ