Fedora User Management (revisited)

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Sat Mar 10 15:33:30 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 11:16 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> writes:
>
> > Indeed, most of the packages we're talking about (if not all) don't
> > need a fixed uid/gid at all.
>
> When a package/daemon writes files and/or reads files which are protected
> by file permissions, it is a good candidate for fixed uids.

Please can you reserve a uid for myself in Fedora, I build packages that
read files protected by file permissions, oh btw also reserve an uid for
any 6 billion users on the earth that may one day use a Fedora machine,
they will surely use packages that read/write files protected by
permissions as well :-)