RFC: Signed JAR Packaging Policy

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Mar 13 18:01:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 01:54:56PM -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> But any random JVM that a user downloads from Sun or IBM directly
> wouldn't know about this extra endorsement, right? So any
> non-rpm-installed JVMs would still not work?

They would work fine for whatever they were installed for. They just
wouldn't work for this. Presuming that "this" can be made to work just fine
with gcj and/or future-free-java, then it should just stay that way. Am I
not getting something?

I mean, do we consider "the kernel doesn't build with Microsoft C" a
problem?