setting a flag via bugzilla's xlmrpc interface?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Mar 13 21:05:33 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Christian Iseli <Christian.Iseli at licr.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:12:19 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> > * how to get/set flags using it?
>
> For getting a flag, I'm not sure.  Examples to detect if a flag has a
> given value can be found in my scripts in CVS:
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/status-report-scripts/getReviewByFlags?root=fedora&rev=1.1&view=auto
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/status-report-scripts/pyGetReviewByFlags?root=fedora&rev=1.1&view=auto

Yes!  And it looked painful :)  But it was good to know that
additional fields could be specified along those lines.

For getting a flag, playing around a bit more revealed that a bug's
flag info is returned buried in the data returned via getBug().

> Setting a flag can apparently be done thusly (not tested):
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
[...perl snipped...]

I'm actually trying to update my post-to-review script to deal with
the owners.list/branch requests by adding a comment in the format
requested and setting the flag.  I know Warren has said that these two
things should be done "preferably" at the same time (so the "flag
set!" message carries the comment as well, I take it), so I'm trying
to do both actions as the same time.  (Though it would be easy to do a
addComment() then an updateFlags().)

Do you know if there's a more generic bug update function that would
allow me to do both actions in the same update?

Thanks :)
                               -Chris
--
Chris Weyl