Request for review: festival 1.96 update

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Mar 13 23:07:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 05:47:18PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> - Might be nicer to give the subpackages containing voices slightly less
> cryptic names, e.g festival-voice-clb instead of
> festival-festvox-nitech-us-clb-artic-hts

I know, they're super-long. But I'm afraid that the three-letter names
(initials of the speakers, I assume) aren't necessarily unique enough.
That's pretty theoretical, though -- all the existing free voices certainly
are. Maybe "festvox-hts-clb" or "festival-voice-hts-clb".

> - There is a copy-and-paste error, the description for the package
> containing the JMK voice refers to AWB

Man, I read over that like six times to make sure that didn't happen.
Thanks. :)