The road to the merge

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Mar 14 20:40:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 03:30:15PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> [...] it is pretty clear that there is not a small amount of work to
> be done, and I'd really rather not interrupt the mad dash to get
> things in before the Test3 freeze, since that is the Feature Freeze
> as well. [...]

> Basically I want to give people a status update on where things are going, and
> what work still needs to be done, and what our expectations are.  I welcome
> input around when and how to flip the switch and whether or not dropping
> this "feature" in after the feature freeze is acceptable.

I'd argue that this feature is a meta-feature (e.g. it should not
really be observable when someone grabs the final product what kind of
buildsystem was used), so perhaps the feature-freeze does not really
apply to this part. So, I think it's acceptable to add it after test3.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net