UTF-8 and filenames

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Mar 14 22:49:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 18:22 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> We can and we should standardize at least at the user space level.
> People expect consistency from a distribution and the tools it ships.

We've already standardized. UTF-8 is what Nautilus and Gnome/gtk file
selectors and every other GUI app expects and uses.

At least they do on my system. Its probably based on locale and if the
user changes that and it breaks stuff it's kind of their fault. We
always default to utf-8 in all locales, right? Right? :)