ppc64 builds

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 14:57:39 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007 10:42:33 Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Isn't it a bit late in the game to essentially add another level 1
> platform?

All the core packages currently build for ppc64, and they have to continue
building for ppc64 if we want to continue supporting 64bit ppc installs.

> What do we do if things don't build?

Unfortunately you'll have to fix them.  David Woodhouse is very good at fixing
ppc arch specific issues, and will be the PPC maintainer once we can
downgrade ppc(64) to a secondary arch.

> Will packages which
> currently Excludearch: ppc automatically not build for ppc64?

No, they are separate arches.

> If not,
> who will fix them?

The maintainer of the package?

> And so we need to queue rebuilds for all of our packages?

I'm not sure on that one.  If we can manage to build what we have already
built just for ppc64 without any bumps, that would be nice.

> Will this
> need a release bump as well?

See above.

--