Fedora Developer Ranking System v1

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 15:22:49 UTC 2007

Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 14:51 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>> ACLs are fine as a broad thing to keep total strangers from putting a
>> virus in a package - but getting too fine-grained with security
>> clearances and policies within a community of people who are supposed to
>> be working together is just overhead that sucks energy - implementation,
>> administration, and endless policy debates.
>
> +1000000000
>
> Oh thank god its not just me. This is what I've been trying to say.
> Maybe it will carry more weight coming from Havoc. ;)

OMG, it is Havoc Pennington!

<reference to an old joke>

I believe we concluded that hp was talking about something different.
This resulted from a misunderstanding of what the Ranking system is
about (not necessarily fine-grained security levels).  Ideas like
ranking and Bugzilla scores (or other scores) are just ideas that we can
think about for shiny future land (after Fedora 7).

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com