Freeze for Test3 (and string/feature freeze)

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sat Mar 17 00:28:16 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 05:38:30PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 16 March 2007 14:38:48 Alan Cox wrote:
> > For the kernel we have two features that are must haves - the HPA support
> > which I'm working on at the moment, and the correct drive shutdown sequence
> > which is a stop-ship level feature.
>
> ETA?  And what's the fallback option if you can't get these done in a
> reasonable amount of time?

HPA testing is going on at the moment so hopefully goes upstream to Jeff in
a testable form Monday. The Ubuntu guys had the same need and have done
pretty much all the work here.

The drive shutdown sequence one I don't know - ask Jeff but since it will
shorten drive life its definitely not something we can ship a production
production until it is fixed.

Alan