ppc64 builds

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sun Mar 18 15:32:42 UTC 2007

Once upon a time Sunday 18 March 2007, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 10:57 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > > And so we need to queue rebuilds for all of our packages?
> >
> > I'm not sure on that one.  If we can manage to build what we have already
> > built just for ppc64 without any bumps, that would be nice.
>
> We've never bothered shipping 64-bit versions of Extras packages before
> -- unless you suddenly find an overriding reason to do so, I don't see
> any reason to rebuild for F7 just to add a 64-bit binary package which
> we don't need to ship anyway.
David do you still want ppc64 support?  if so it needs built.  we dont have
any way to say build this package ppc64 and this one not.  Its all or
nothing.

there is no more extras there is only Fedora.  Im just as happy to say you get
no more ppc64 kernel glibc etc  which will be the outcome if we dont do this

Dennis