Proposal: Automate fedora-maintainers subscriptions

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 19:01:06 UTC 2007

fedora-maintainers is our by-invite-only distribution development
discussion list.  We keep it this way in an attempt to improve the
signal to noise ratio.

Problem
=======
fedora-maintainers does not automatically grow as new, potentially
useful maintainers join the project.  Currently new members are invited
only if someone does it manually, or if someone approves a subscription
request.

Proposal
========
If cvsextras access is sponsored, FAS runs a script that logs into the
mailman admin page and sends an Invite to the e-mail address on the FAS
account.

This script could be relatively simple to implement, using curl or some
other command-line tool.

Any objections?

Any volunteers to write this script?

Warren Togami