Proposal: Automate fedora-maintainers subscriptions

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 20 09:25:30 UTC 2007

On 20.03.2007 10:06, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 03:01:06PM -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
>> fedora-maintainers is our by-invite-only distribution development
>> discussion list.  We keep it this way in an attempt to improve the
>> signal to noise ratio.
>>
>> Problem
>> =======
>> fedora-maintainers does not automatically grow as new, potentially
>> useful maintainers join the project.  Currently new members are invited
>> only if someone does it manually, or if someone approves a subscription
>> request.
>>
>> Proposal
>> ========
>> If cvsextras access is sponsored, FAS runs a script that logs into the
>> mailman admin page and sends an Invite to the e-mail address on the FAS
>> account.

> contributors?

Strongly suggested, but not required afaik.

The plan is still to use a low-traffic, moderated,
non-discussion-just-announcements fedora-maintainers-announce where
people get auto-subscribed. But I see no point in starting this now
before the mailing list reorg.

> So maybe the script could go ahead and subscribe instead
> of invite to shorten the procedure?

I suppose all those people that use a different addresses for mailing
lists and the accounts system would be happy about such a move, as they
might be subscribed two times to this list afterwards :-)

> [...]

CU
thl