ppc64 builds

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 20 13:16:31 UTC 2007

On 20.03.2007 13:59, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 March 2007 05:06:50 David Woodhouse wrote:
>> The kernel and glibc are already built for ppc64. There is no need to
>> queue a rebuild just to get ppc64 versions of those.
>> Everything we want to ship for ppc64 is already built, surely? Except
>> perhaps blt
> And when we want to _rebuild_ them after we merge core and extras?  ppc64 has
> to be turned on if you want that rebuild to succeed.  To be turned on, it has
> to be turned on for every package, and unless somebody goes through and
> bootstraps Extras into ppc64, builds will be failing left and right because
> there are no packages to build against.

Maybe we can handle PPC64 as our first "secondary arch testbed"? E.g.
enable ppc64 everywhere, but having a package that fails to build on
ppc64 would not block the rebuild package to enter the i386, x86_64 and
ppc repos. Or does support for this not exists yet in Koji? Then this
might be a bad idea...

CU
thl