fedora 7 comps change request (for festival)

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Mar 20 19:08:55 UTC 2007

Not sure how to do this properly during the merge-in-transition phase. The
updated Festival text-to-speech package breaks out the voices, requiring
only one. The rest should be in comps somewhere.

Currently, festival is an optional package in "System Tools", and pulled in
as default in "Gnome Desktop Environment" by orca.

I think we should default to also installing at least the non-accented HTS
voices (giving two male and two female choices by default):

  festvox-bdl-arctic-hts
  festvox-clb-arctic-hts
  festvox-rms-arctic-hts

plus I'd suggest making the other voices visible somewhere in comps as
optional. (festvox-awb-arctic-hts, festvox-jmk-arctic-hts,
festvox-kal-diphone, festvox-ked-diphone.)

Probably somewhere better than "System Tools" -- "Sound and Video", maybe?