Proposal: Automate fedora-maintainers subscriptions

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Tue Mar 20 20:57:02 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Christopher Stone wrote:
>> On 3/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>> Why does games SIG require a separate mailing list?
>>
>> For the same reason any SIG should have their own list.
>
> That is not a good reason consider no SIG except games has its own
> mailing list.
>
> If it is packaging details it should be in fedora-packaging list. Other
> details could be in fedora-devel list. In other words what do you
> discuss in fedora-games list that doesnt fit into any existing other
> Fedora lists?

To me the Games SIG is a fantastic example of a "SIG done right": a very
dynamic and active group that essentially created their own
sub-community. The smaller size makes it easier to define games-specific
packaging standard, contributes to faster package reviews, and so on. I
don't know about "should", but it seems to me if SIG members feel they
need their own list, why not.