No Freeze Yet, Extras New Packages

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 21:09:57 UTC 2007

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Schedule
Today is the "Feature Freeze" for Fedora 7.  This in the past has meant
that (the distro on media) no longer accepts new features.  The reason
for the freeze is primarily for the stabilization of the install process.

I just spoke with Jeremy Katz.  He said:
- Feature freeze is in effect for the content of the standard spins.
- Extras is not frozen yet.  Keep going with package additions in Extras
devel for now.

Moving forward we will have to freeze Extras devel for new additions at
some point, in order to stabilize the tree.  We don't know for sure when
yet (likely Test4).

We have to see about the progress of Koji and other merge infrastructure
currently underway before we can figure out the schedule.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com