Role of SIG's

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 21 21:22:52 UTC 2007

Tom "spot" Callaway schrieb:
> On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 11:09 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> I'm late in the game, but I would have prefered to differentiate Fedora
>> SIG and Packaging SIGs a bit more. Maybe
>> SIGs/ for Fedora Sigs
>> PackagingSGIs/ or SIGs/Packaging/ for Packaging SIGs
>> But well, to late now probably.
>
> Packaging is not a SIG. We're extra special. :)

I meant packaging the task in writing and maintaining spec files, not
the Packaging Committee ;-)

But well, you brought that topic up. Quoting
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-January/msg00157.html

"[...]The Packaging Committee at the same time becomes a SIG. It will
work as before;[...]FESCo in its meeting today agreed that this is the
route it wants to take [...]Could the board please look at the proposal,
discuss it in its tomorrows meeting and ACK it or if it dislikes parts
give feedback if it wants to see something changed?"

The Board ACKed that afaik.

CU
thl