FAS names in pkg.acl (Merge Blocker)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 19:06:21 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 14:05 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> Prior to the merge, owners.list will be managed by PackageDB and tracked
> in a database.  We should change the CVS so pkg.acl contains FAS
> usernames instead of Bugzilla names.  The combination of these changes
> should simplify and make it less confusing for the package maintainers.
>
> Blockers?
> - The ACL scripts currently have a one-off hack, mapping Bugzilla names
> to FAS names in cases where the e-mail addresses do not match.  We would
> need to reverse this lookup.
> - (anything else?  I can't remember if there were other issues.)

The PackageDB should replace pkg.acl files as well as owners.list.  If
the current interface[1]_ is missing some features that are present in
pkg.acl or owners.list, let me know so I can expose them.

[1]_: To try out the interface, follow these steps::

  1) Go to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/test/orphans
  2) Click on one of these orphaned packages.
  3) Login using the link in the upper right corner.  The login
information is your Fedora Account System user-pass.
  4) If you are in the "cvsextras" group (have commit access to the
"Extras" cvs repository) you should now be able to take ownership of the
package, change the acls on ho can commit, get bug reports, etc.
  5) If you are not in cvsextras, you should still be able to add
yourself to a package and request that someone approve you for watching
commit logs, bugzilla, etc.

-Toshio