Proposal: Automate fedora-maintainers subscriptions

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Mar 28 20:14:07 UTC 2007

> Christopher Stone wrote:

> >> That is not a good reason consider no SIG except games has its own
> >> mailing list.
> >
> > I wouldn't say that.
> >
> > Fedora-perl-devel-list -> perl SIG
> > Fedora-music-list -> music and media production SIG
> > Fedora-security-list -> security SIG
>
> Fedora music list is not related to the music
> SIG but was originally created to coordinate on the merge of Planet
> CCRMA into Fedora Extras.

Well, the media production SIG's main goal so far has been to merge as
much of planet CCRMA in as possible, seeing as Fernando has already
packaged damn near everything out there. :) The list was created before
I attempted to name the SIG with a slightly wider scope.

Admittedly, the media SIG has been a bit lacking in strong leadership.
All its members seem to be rather busy people. School keeps me rather
busy for one. ;P

Anyway, I think its perfectly reasonable to leave the decision as to
whether or not the SIG needs its own list to the SIG itself, without
having to justify it to anyone else.

Worst comes to worst, SIGs will just start their own lists outside the
Fedora infrastructure if they aren't allowed to do it within.