Release Team (was: Re: Fedora 7 Feature Frozen)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 05:31:47 UTC 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 01:02:31 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Just wondering: Who are the members of the release team these days, how
> to they make decisions, how can they be reached? And how about getting
> in officially formed, with a proper (SIG ?) page with all the relevant
> informations in the wiki? A quick wiki-writeup with the most important
> details can probably be done in less than ten minutes. That should be
> sufficient for now if F7 is pressing.

The release team has been loosely formed around me.  It is basically the
people I could get on the hook for helping me make decisions for what could
be "unfrozen" during freezes.  It currently includes:

Myself
Jeremy Katz
Josh Boyer
Bill Nottingham

I welcome more to the fray, especially once we merge the systems and the
people outside of Red Hat will now have the capability of actually doing some
of the rel-eng tasks instead of just saying yay or nay.  However I haven't
had enough time to fine tune the Fedora rel-eng manifesto or any other
organizational stuff around that.  I tossed together an email alias and
started flying by the seat of my pants.  I hope to get some time next week to
toss up a SIG page like you suggested, it makes sense.  Is there a SIG
template to work from?  I do great starting from templates, otherwise I just
stare at the blank Edit Wiki window for a while and get frustrated (:

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora