Fedora 7 Feature Frozen

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Mar 30 16:22:56 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote :

> On Friday 30 March 2007 10:33:30 Matthias Saou wrote:
> > I don't see any mention of a "mass rebuild" like it was previously
> > done with Extras. Is this something we will no longer be doing?
>
> I'd like to do this only for technical reasons such as compiler changes or
> breaking inheritance from previous releases.  I'd rather see other
> non-intrusive methods for finding awol maintainers.

Fair enough. At this point in the cycle, there are at least two areas
where special attention should be paid (on the packaging side of
things, apart from "functional bugs") :
- The broken EVR upgrade paths from FC6 to F7 (I counted 10 as of today)
- The failed F7 automatic rebuilds caught by Matt's scripts

Maybe some manual poking of maintainers with packages in such
situations would be in order?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6
Load : 0.20 0.20 0.22