Fedora 7 Feature Frozen

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Mar 30 16:53:21 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> On Friday 30 March 2007 10:33:30 Matthias Saou wrote:
>> I don't see any mention of a "mass rebuild" like it was previously
>> done with Extras. Is this something we will no longer be doing?
> I'd like to do this only for technical reasons such as compiler changes or
> breaking inheritance from previous releases.

Just wondering: Do we care about packages currently in devel which still
have the fc6 dist tag?

$ lftp -c "open \
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/fedora.redhat.com/linux/extras/development/i386/;\
ls; quit" | grep '.fc6.' | wc -l
1330

I think it's a *bit* confusing to have a F7 tree later with lots of
packages which have a fc6 in the filename... Maybe we should have
something in the package guidelines that says "if you use a dist tag
then you should try to rebuild the package once during a development
cycle so the disttag matches the actually release."

But as I said, it's just a detail.

> I'd rather see other
> non-intrusive methods for finding awol maintainers.

Agreed. Anyway, if we haven't anything in place to find AWOL maintainers
by F8T2 then my vote is to have a mass rebuild shorty after that again
(but we might have new toolchain by then anyway that would make a
rebuild likely).

CU
thl