Fedora 7 Feature Frozen

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Mar 30 18:03:06 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt schrieb:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:27:35 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Till Maas schrieb:
>>> Imho this is better than having to download / install every installed package
>>> on ones system, just because the new disttag looks nicer. This way at least
>>> some packages do not need to be reinstalled.
>> Totally agreed. But maybe for packages that don't need much updates it
>> might be better to just not use the disttag to avoid the confusion it
>> can create...
>
> For the packages that *do* build during Matt's automated rebuilds, does
> anyone pay attention to the rpmdiff logs? [...]

No idea. I'd say we in the long term should use idle time on our regular
builders to rebuild all our packages regularly into a devel-scratch repo
(where everything gets deleted after some days), use scripts to analyze
the packages and especially the differences against the packages in the
repo and send a report in case of errors to the maintainer and out QA
guys. Especially the "send the report to the maintainers directly" part
IMHO is quite important.

Cu
thl