using mock for chroot builds. WAS [F8/multilib] {, /usr}/{, s}bin64

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue May 1 17:02:17 UTC 2007

Michael E Brown (Michael_E_Brown at dell.com) said:
> Today (from memory, since it has been a while since I have done this):
>
>   $ mock init [ -r mockcfg ]
>
> This sets up the chroot. Then, you can copy files in and run either
> 'mock chroot' or 'mock shell'
>
> Any suggestions on what you would require to make this process more
> painless would be appreciated.

I'm not sure. It just seems to compile a random tarball, you
either have to have:

- a (root) shell open both inside and outside of the chroot

or

- continually jumping out of the chroot to do mock rpm -Uvh, etc.

I don't have any suggestions at the moment - having mock dig
through autoconf scripts for dependencies to install doesn't
seem right.

Bill