[F8/multilib] {,/usr}/{,s}bin64 (was: Split libperl from perl)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 2 07:50:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 22:37 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> BUT! You are promoting to have bin sub-sub-packages that *WILL
> CONFLICT* on a file level. So the rpm manager you just had allow
> _fewer_ file conflicts will stab your new packaging methods in the
> back (and rightfully so).

You repeat this falsehood _despite_ the fact that there would be no more
file conflicts in the repository than there are right now, and the fact
that I showed an example of yum coping with it just fine?

> Like mybrowser.x86_64 requiring java.x86_64 and yourbrowser.i386
> requiring java.i386? Real enough? Just add your favourite browser
> names in the templates.

If it's in a separate process it shouldn't matter about wordsize. I
believe (although I could be wrong) that konqueror uses an external
'java' process and works OK when that's of a different arch.

I suspect you're thinking of the case where it's actually a library, and
has to be dlopened by the the browser. In which case you're being
deliberately misleading again (or just stupid), and you miss the point
that it would have to be 'java-libs.i386' and 'java-libs.x86_64', and
they'd install in parallel just fine.

You're making less and less sense as time goes on -- you've lost what
little credibility you already had, and I really can't be bothered to
deal with your idiocy any more. Goodbye.

*plonk*

--
dwmw2