Status of the merge

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed May 2 22:04:31 UTC 2007

Merge is going well now.  A bunch of hiccups early on as we moved our test
scripts into acting with real bits and databases and such, but now that
that's over...

Current extras package owners and packages from owners.list have been imported
into koji, for the fe7-merge tag (a staging tag I'm using in case something
goes wrong and we have to start over).

Content from Core cvs is being merged with content from Extras CVS in a new
cvs root.  This process will take quite a while and generate a lot of email.
Sorry.

The latest Core packages have been synced, a few more will be synced tomorrow
as the builds that were in progress when we started the outage are tagged if
necessary.

The latest Extras builds for development are currently being imported into
koji.  This will take a long time too, but thankfully no email should be
generated.

These tasks are likely to take through the night, and given such, I expect
most of us will try to get a good nights sleep for the uphill battle that
will come tomorrow when we try to hook up and turn all of this back on for
developers to use.

A document about the new layout/procedure is underway and should be finished
at some point tomorrow.

For those interested, here are some reference items:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji ( The main koji web interface )
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CoreExtrasMerge ( overall topic
and status )
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CoreExtrasCVSMerge ( specific to
the CVS merge )

Thank you for all your patience as we try to make this dream come true!

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora