Suggestion: a list for important announcements

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Fri May 4 15:55:21 UTC 2007

Hello,

Although I'm a fedora maintainer, I don't wish to participate in the Fedora
development that takes place on this mailing list. But I'm forced to quickly
read most threads since it might contain stuff of importance to my maintainer
job. I'm sure many people are also in this unfortunate situation.

Here's a suggestion: create a list, say
fedora-maintainers-announce at redhat.com, where only core people would have the
right to post. These posts would be important announcements like "ok people,
feature freeze for the next 3 weeks" or "please rebuild if XYZ affects you".
Posts to this list would always be cross-posted to fedora-maintainers, where
ensuing discussion could take place.

This is inspired from a similar scheme used for KDE development.

Thank you