Suggestion: a list for important announcements

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri May 4 16:01:43 UTC 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 08:55:21 Simon Perreault wrote:
> Here's a suggestion: create a list, say
> fedora-maintainers-announce at redhat.com, where only core people would have
> the right to post. These posts would be important announcements like "ok
> people, feature freeze for the next 3 weeks" or "please rebuild if XYZ
> affects you". Posts to this list would always be cross-posted to
> fedora-maintainers, where ensuing discussion could take place.
>
> This is inspired from a similar scheme used for KDE development.

We have that, sortof.  We just haven't kicked it into gear yet.  Unfortunately
with such a list you miss out on a lot of the dialog and discussion that
happens around such announcements, like all the general discussion and usage
suggestions for koji.  You'd get the announcement that we're using koji...
and not much else.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora