Merge Status - Building available

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon May 7 12:07:36 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 23:37 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Friday 04 May 2007, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> Hm.  So let's say I update and build an ex-Extras package in the devel branch.
> I don't contact rel-eng so it won't get into Rawhide nor F7 per the above.
> The question is where _will_ it end up in this scenario?

The dist-fc7 tag.  Which will be inherited from dist-fc8 (rawhide) once
that is created.

> > > A. Does this mean that many packages which were approved and were
> > >    rebuilt after koji began to work (then marked as 'dist-fc7')
> > >    will not be pushed into Fedora 7,
> > >    while they will be pushed into Fedora _Extras_ 6/5 as before (usually
> > >    within two days)? (i.e. will this cause the situation that
> > >    newer packages will appear on FE-5/6, but not on Fedora 7)?
> >
> > Unless you submit a request to rel-eng, yes.  You need to have those
> > packages tagged as f7-final if you want them in the release.
>
> What if I have some packages meeting the A) status above, and I don't care
> that deeply whether they're in the F7 release but sure do want them in F7
> repositories as soon as possible after the release; do I need to do
> something?

Yes, you need to email rel-eng with a request.  There is no difference
between "f7 release" and "in the f7 repo" in regards to Koji.  The
f7-final tag encompasses both at this point.

(And arguably, there is no difference between "f7 release" and "in the
f7 repo" at all given that the repos can be enabled and installed from
at any point.)

josh