major change release management for former Extras packages?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Mon May 7 17:13:57 UTC 2007

On Monday, 07 May 2007 at 17:01, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 17:00 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > OK, fair enough, though I don't like jumping through more hoops than I used
> > to. One more question (I may have missed the answer in this thread): What
> > happens if I update a package and tag and build it *now*. Will it end up in
> > rawhide or not? Will it end up in post-release repo or not?
>
> No, it won't.  Right *now*, to get it into rawhide (and the release
> repo), you need to email rel-eng with a request.

So... all my unpushed updates would actually be reverted when rawhide is
open again?

That's... unexpected and ill-conceived, to say the least. Actually it
stiffles development at this point. It means I can't happily hack away
even if I'm sure my currently published package set is stable.

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora Extras contributor  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski