confused by f7 vs. f7-final, what koji package shows, and ?tagID

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 7 17:37:28 UTC 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 13:07:36 John Dennis wrote:
> I must be thick :-) But I can't figure out if the correct version of a
> package is in f7 final.
>
> First of all, what is the difference between the f7 and f7-final?

f7 doesn't exist as a tag.  There is 'dist-fc7' and 'f7-final'

> % koji latest-pkg f7-final <package>
>
> shows an entirely different package NVR than the what appears to have
> been built into f7 (a.k.a devel with an f7 disttag)

Correct.  f7-final is the freeze tag that we are using to track the accepted
packages for Fedora 7.  This is the final freeze period.

> > The list of package
> > builds included in the f7-final tag can be viewed via:
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packages?tagID=10
>
> A few questions here:
>
> First, is there some way to query f7-final packages other than magically
> knowing to use tagID=10

koji latest-pkg f7-final <packagename>

koji list-tagged f7-final

browse to tags in koji web, click on f7-final

etc...

> Entering that URL brings up a list of f7-final packages, but it does not
> list the NVR of the package, there is however a link to click for the
> package, so follow that link, all you get is a list of builds with no
> correlation to which NVR is in the "release".

THat URL is probably the wrong URL, where did you see it again?  Anywhere
other than the mail you replied to?

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?tagID=10 is a better url as it shows
the builds.

> How does one determine what NVR is in f7?

See above options.

> I assume if "koji latest-pkg f7-final <package>" does not return the
> expected NVR or a current NVR as shown in the package build list we need
> to email releng asking it to be included?

Yes.  Builds done from devel/ get tagged with dist-fc7, which isn't enough.
They need to be tagged with f7-final which requires rel-eng interaction, as
stated in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/DevelFreezePolicy

For a more global look at what we do, see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Overview

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora